Your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

Your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

Legsfan
A record which I was given a while back, I voted for Electric Avenue

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

I went for the Belle Stars. So nice to look at and a really catchy song.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

I will look at the show later on tonight. And vote later on, to be clear in my mind to what act I will vote for Ryan.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

I must say that four act stood out for me. These would have been The Belle Stars, Eddy Grant, The Maisonettes and Phil Collins. But my vote went to the Belle Stars, for a nice performance.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

Everything'sRosie
Brummie bijous for me.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

CoffeeThing
It would have been Men At Work, but despite only being the credits tune, it has to be Donna Summer for me, one of my favourite tracks ever and just makes me think of a full on midsummer heatwave. Nice that we are back to the corresponding week as well, 34 years ago now. I love the pre-show announcement to that effect each week. Let's hope we remain in sync.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

The Rubberband Man
CoffeeThing wrote
It would have been Men At Work, but despite only being the credits tune, it has to be Donna Summer for me, one of my favourite tracks ever and just makes me think of a full on midsummer heatwave.
Same for me despite the dubious remix by Patrick Cowley.
The record is just so good,
It's so good,
It's so good,
It's so good,
It's sooo good.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

CoffeeThing wrote
Let's hope we remain in sync.
Sadly, the only other time we will be in sync is next week in the early hours of Friday morning when the full show is shown. It looks like from next week BBC Four will be showing two editions per week again.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

I thought it was a decent show this week, and a few acts which deserved a vote, but in the end i voted for The Belle Stars.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

Who's That Hurll
It's time I signed in and voted.
WTH

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

I almost voted for the covert Fosters advert but in the end had to go for the Belle Stars

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
"Electric Avenue" takes on a whole new meaning if you visit Brixton, and discover that it's a real street, with a lively street market.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Avenue
You've all done vey well!

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

Gorgeous Daze
Maybe The Maisonettes had it been the first time but as it's a repeat it's another for The Belle Stars.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

VintageVideos
Sign of the Times was a much weaker song than I remembered. I'm not too keen on Phil Collins' later solo hits but I think You Can't Hurry Love was quite a decent Motown cover which I liked a lot in 1983, so it will receive my vote.
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

VintageVideos wrote
Sign of the Times was a much weaker song than I remembered.
Funny, i thought the opposite. I didn't rate it back then but on watching it twice since the show on Friday i find it much more palatable for example than the previous Belle Stars hit the rather monotonous Clapping Song.

Well, that's certainly beyond debate.
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

AC/PD
Always good to air opinions.
Between the Belle Stars and Electric Avenue for me.
With Sign Of The Times coming up in video form, the ex-Equal gets another vote this time.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 13/01/83

Yet another new winner of our weekly poll in The Belle Stars.