Your fav TOTPS performance of the week 24/11/83

Your fav TOTPS performance of the week 24/11/83

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 24/11/83
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 24/11/83

Simple Minds were quite splendid and get my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 24/11/83

PattiForPM
Getting me to vote against the early Smiths, Tina Turner's legs and those Wealthy Tarts is not easy but I agree Simple Minds were very good

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 24/11/83

The Rubberband Man
I like the :-

http://www.taquitos.net/im/sn/Smiths-SNS.jpg

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 24/11/83

Everything'sRosie
Smiths for me too.
 "Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat".
 Wow. You don't often get lines like that in a pop song. A reminder of what a great wordsmith the young Morrisey was.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 24/11/83

Dancer
A very difficult one to vote this week as they were all very good.  I have opted for Tina Turner as that is in my collection (well on part of the Private Dancer CD).

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 24/11/83

CoffeeThing
So it's as near as damn it two 'years' since we saw the girls, a year in current money, and the party atmosphere that followed seems to have become huge sets and happy clapping from an otherwise 70's style static audience with the odd whoop thrown in. Not an improvement as far as I'm concerned.

It's interesting how we seem to go from quite good music to some dire weeks. I enjoyed a few this week. We still have Billy Joel stalking Christie Brinkley, The Style Council were catchy as were The TTs, Paul Young was as soulful as ever, Tina Turner, The Smiths' flower flinging debut, all good as were The Eurythmics playing us out, but I went for Simple Minds' apparently live version of The Waterfront and Jim Kerr's simply magnificent 80's baggy suit ensemble complete with near nipple hugging trouser waistline. Marilyn never did quite become the superstar Batesy predicted.
This week, I are be mostly drinking piccolos

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 24/11/83

Gorgeous Daze
Simple Minds are still my cuppa enough to get selected.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 24/11/83

Who's That Hurll
It's a welcome return to Tina, after a decade away from the UK charts.
WTH

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 24/11/83

A very difficult choice regarding two great performances, Simple Minds, whom i've seen live, and The Smiths, who didn't get to see, but have seen Morrissey on a few occasions. As i say a tough one, but The Smiths get my vote this time.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 24/11/83

Voted for the Smiths.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 24/11/83

Thanks for taking part.