Quantcast

Your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Im not bothering with the three breakers, just the five main performances on the show.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

The Police for me.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Legsfan
I would have gone for Bob Marley, but as it was excluded I have gone for The Police.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Legsfan wrote
I would have gone for Bob Marley, but as it was excluded I have gone for The Police.
Yes it was one of those tricky snap decisions i have to make from time to time. As you reckoned you would have gone for a breaker (Bob Marley), i probably made the wrong decision. Hey Ho, the show was a bit of a weird one anyway.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

VintageVideos
As Every Breath You Take has become a song that bores me to death, I voted for the edgier Big Country.

Maybe a guideline is introduced, so if the song is played for a significant amount of time like one and a half minutes, it could be included?

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Old Grey Whistler
I am another who would have voted for Bob Marley, but instead I have voted for one of the most misunderstood songs, Every Breath You Take.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

PattiForPM
Stalking Cops for me

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Yes it was one of those tricky snap decisions i have to make from time to time. As you reckoned you would have gone for a breaker (Bob Marley), i probably made the wrong decision. Hey Ho, the show was a bit of a weird one anyway.
The same snap decision that's also kept Manchester United Football Club - "Glory Glory Man United" off the poll
So not all bad then

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I went for New Edition, so nice to see a bunch of happy youngsters having fun, and a catchy tune to boot
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Dancer
I voted for Big Country even though the Police were good but I am sure there will be other opportunities to vote for Sting in the future.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Big Country for me.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Everything'sRosie
Not really spoilt for choice here. These shows are like the good cop/bad cop routine. And so I'll take my lead from there, though I've always considered EBYT to be a highly overrated song.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

CoffeeThing
Yes, a strange early broadcast time show featuring a top 12 final countdown to accommodate Man Utd's dire sing prior to the cup final replay, I remember this truncated version quite well and it does have some decent tunes. Tough one for me between The Police and Big Country, but the latter starring the late Stuart Adamson just pips it for me, though on a different day I might have gone the other way, it's that close.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Just voted for The Police.

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Who's That Hurll
A great start to the show from Big Country.
WTH

Not often that the Scots and the Police are at loggerheads like this

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Who's That Hurll
I thought it was the Jocks and the Geordies, which could still be applicable in this case.
WTH

Re: VOTE HERE, for your fav TOTPS performance of the week 26/05/83

Gorgeous Daze
Like Vin because I've heard EBYT a zillion times In A Big Country (which I hadn't heard in ages) was the standout. Digging that bagpiping guitar in these early hits before they became safe and predicable.