Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

Please vote on your favourite performance from the 25/09/80 TOTPs (excluding Legs & Co).
Make your choice in the poll below and if you wish to leave comments on your selection, please do so in the normal way.
TOTPS fav performance of the week. 25/09/80
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

As much as i enjoyed the fact we have TOTPs back on our screens, the songs and acts on last nights show didn't exactly send my pulse racing. In the end i had it between Split Enz and The Police. Ive gone for the latter, but that particular song by them isn't one id consider a favourite of theres infact i wouldn't have it in my top ten Police songs.

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

The boys from Aotearoa for me

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

Doc
Should be a two horse race. I picked the Police by a nose.
Still living in 1979

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

The Police just ahead of Neil Finn et al - i also like Ottowan

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

Gorgeous Daze
Split Enz an easy decision. Whatever I think of the song it's hard to envisage ever voting for one of The Police's irritating videos.

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

even thou Split Enz I think is a repeat, without checking, I gave this the thumbs up

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

Went for Split Enz, just not a great fan of the Police.

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

L&C4me
Split Enz too. ... They stand out! They sound great! There is a sinister tone to the rhythm. Their visual style reminds me of the 1950's Rock & Roll groups like Ricky Nelson, Buddy Holly, the Rat Pack, Myron Lee Band, the Mystics but suited in pastel. The organ even sounds like a Wurlitzer. I like the 1950's clothes fashions. When I go to classic events in the model 'T' or on my old Triumph motorbike there are more and more people totally in to the 50's look. The ladies look fantastic!
Jim

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

Split Enz

For me, they had some strong competition, but that hook, just as the first vocals start really makes this track stand out, in a great way.

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

Split  Enz, as it was the best record.
The band though seemed rooted to the spot and a bit afraid to move. I hope they said thanks to Showaddywaddy for letting them borrow their suits.

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
I was surprised how much I enjoyed Black Slate's performance. A pleasant slice of pop reggae.
You've all done vey well!

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

Old Grey Whistler
Split Enz

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

Angie
Like so many from this edition.........but have to go for The Police!

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

Evidently I wasn't the only person to like whatever it was those chaps in the pastel outfits were singing.  Unfortunate that I cannot now recall a single bar.  Of those that do linger, DR spent far too long circumnavigating that piano (Magellan would have been quicker!).  Those background lights were too distracting in Disco while the driving beat of Dont Stand So couldn't outweigh the annoying accompanying video.  I Can't Stand So self-important people.  So that leaves me Searching for something to vote for.

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

AC/PD
The mini Showaddywaddys (in costume only) are worth another listen, but I've voted for Amigo: a smooth cool song with which to open the show and cheerfully mark the return of TOTP repeats.

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

Not much to choose from for me this week, I voted for the song I've likes all these years, Split Enz

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

Thanks for taking part. An easy win for Split Enz.

Re: Your fav TOTPS performance of the week (excluding Legs & Co). 25/09/80

No votes for D.I.S.C.O -- Ottawan (0 votes)  ???

Is that because it is  :-
D, disastrous ?
I, impossible ?
S, super special ?