Youtube

mojo2007
Just had Scottish nephews down for a few days. They showed me that our TV has an App button and I can put  YouTube on the big screen. Some visual quality is poor but In Concert looks a lot better on a big screen. I was caught by a mash up of Tom Jones singing while Pans danced to a Carpenters number.  I fear I may spend even more time wandering around YouTube.  PS Memo to self  .  Find Patti dancing to The Wanderer

Re: Youtube

Doc
Most smart TVs can do that sort of stuff. Playing videos from a network hard disc is one I use a fair bit.
Still living in 1979

Re: Youtube

mojo2007
I live and  learn.

Re: Youtube

The Rubberband Man
I had the Youtube app on my Samsung Smart tv. A few months ago, Youtube said they would no longer provide support for that app, and it no longer works on my tv. Really frustrating

Re: Youtube

Doc
It works fine on my Samsung. Can the app be updated? There is an app auto update selection on one of the menus.
Still living in 1979

Re: Youtube

Everything'sRosie
Still working on my LG TV. I can't get the full screen though. Only partial full screen. YT looks much better than on a lap top screen though, colours seem more vivid.

Re: Youtube

Doc wrote
It works fine on my Samsung. Can the app be updated? There is an app auto update selection on one of the menus.
No. I've tried everything Doc, but Samsung have said Youtube is out of support for my model of tv

Re: Youtube

Doc
Sounds like Samsung have the same policy as Apple in they stop upgrading the software on your device after a few years, which in turn stops the apps working when they upgrade them. Thus forcing you to buy a replacement device!
It might still be possible to run You Tube if there is an internet explorer on the TV.
Still living in 1979

Re: Youtube

The Rubberband Man
Doc wrote
Sounds like Samsung have the same policy as Apple in they stop upgrading the software on your device after a few years, which in turn stops the apps working when they upgrade them. Thus forcing you to buy a replacement device!
It might still be possible to run You Tube if there is an internet explorer on the TV.
BIB
Can't even do that. It won't connect to an https site because the Browser's root certificate has expired and Samsung haven't issued a new one. I don't think I'll be buying a Samsung tv again