Zoo

80schick

Re: Zoo

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Thanks 80schick: Zoo don't get much attention around here (I'm as much to blame as anyone). Good to see this pic.

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: Zoo

80schick
This is the only picture I have, which is a shame. I do have some videos though.

Re: Zoo

mishmash

Re: Zoo

PattiForPM
Good Pic Mishmash.  Can anyone name all the dancers on here?

Re: Zoo

Colm
I only recognise three, all in the middle row:

Second on left: Julie Harris (later of Tight Fit)

Beside Julie: Sharon "Sid" Haywoode

Beside Sid: Anita Mahadervan

Julie, Sid and Anita also appear in the b/w picture uploaded by 80schick; the eight dancers pictured in that photo are the ones who performed in the first Zoo routine, to ELO's "Twilight", on 5.11.1981.

The other Zoo regulars like Eddie Kemp, "Downtown" Julie Brown, Jeanette Landry and Clive Clark (who I think in the b/w picture) don't seem to be in this picture, the additional men and women are some of those ubiquitous TOTP "cheerleaders".

Re: Zoo

Colm
While in the process of gathering notes on Zoo's routines, I've checked my copy of 7.11.1981, and only seven dancers are credited:

Wesley, Anita, Tony, Sharon, Radford, Julie, Christine

So, from the thread-opening picture, we've got:

Back: Julie Harris, ?, ?, Sharon 'Sid' Haywoode

Front: Christine, Radford Quist, Anita Chemallah (or Mahadervan), Wesley

Which means one of the men in the back row is a rogue cheerleader...

Re: Zoo

PattiForPM
Good work Col; maybe I should make life a bit more confusing auditorily and start calling you "ZooFan"

Re: Zoo

Legsfan
From BBC Music's "40 photos that prove the 80s were the best decade" article.

It's nice to see that Ruby Flipper haven't been overlooked.