crajerjack panto 74

JEZ
i know its a long time ago now but can anyone shed any light on pans peoples apperance on the 1974 christmas eve crackerjack panto aladin wonder if they had their own spot or were just part of the chorus this is one that the elephant memory cannot recall at all

Re: crajerjack panto 74

Dave
  Hi Jez, how you doing mate ? Vaguely remembering the PP Aladdin panto,and remember the Goodies featuring, and that annoying fox, Basil Brush amongst others....I think the ladies did have their own spot as well as doing the chorus/fill in bits,(the beeb certainly made use of their monies worth!) I cannot though for the life of me recall what their own routine was....there was probably too much  Hes behind you...and ....Boom Boom Mr Eric....going on at the time!! I do know that it was filmed at the Shepherds Bush Theatre....my dippy cousin was besotted with the Goodies and managed to blag a couple of tickets for herself and a friend. Have a great weekend !    Dave.

Re: crajerjack panto 74

PattiforPM
Dave you're definitely becoming memory man #2.  I can recall lots of Crackerjack pencils and Leslie Crowther being a little cloying but that's it from my youth and no memory at all of PP on the show, sorry Jez

Re: crajerjack panto 74

Dave
  Hi Pattiforpm....I too remember those Cracker Jack pencils and other prizes along with the truely juevenile jokes and skits.....dire ! The aforementioned Aladdin pantomime was thank goodness just a one off for christmas that year and the lovely ladies resumed their rightful place on TOTPs where their talents were really appreciated ! Oh, the good old olden days !!     Dave.

Re: crajerjack panto 74

hey up dave im ok thanks mate how r u im really impressed by your memory dave ,can u remember us talkin about the photo of pans people last week the one with the big white hats and white leotards u said u thought they were dancing to lucy in the sky have u gote any more confirmation dave on that i would really like to find out what the song is i cant seem to fit any song with them outfits on my guess thanks dave

Re: crajerjack panto 74

JEZ
its a great pity pans people werent picked to do a perfrmance on part two of xmas totp 74 with that episode not being wiped we would have had another of the ladies  routines to watch now

Re: crajerjack panto 74

JEZ
can you imagine people today being satisfied winning a pencil on a game show

Re: crajerjack panto 74

Dave
  Oh please !!!! A pencil ?????   Its got to be at least a fab holiday...flashy sports car....a mansion or loads of money!!(Remember Harry Endfields catch phrase ?) Maybe it was a diamond encrusted pencil Jez....though I doubt it !   Dave.

Re: crajerjack panto 74

JEZ
dave any info mate on the big hat picture of pans
JEZ