dancing girls facial expressions

JEZ
i know that we have already discussed this topic about paulines facial expressions to certain routines but what dancers dont have to try too hard where the smiling pouts and frowns come naturally to them to fit in with the mood of the song, to me anitas was very false a constant big grin and lips pouted all the time like mick jagger this is no way any reflection on her dancing skills though i do want to make that clear ,the three girls i think are ruth from pp and patti and lulu from legs i think they knew how to put a smile and a pout in the right places without being told  .the first rule for any dancer is smile even if your in pain nobody wants to see a row of miserable people interpertatin a piece of music ,so who do you think the facial expressions come most naturally to ive said mine

Re: dancing girls facial expressions

Dave
 I certainly agree Jez re your comments on interpretation and expressions from the ladies during routines. Ive noticed that Ruth could sometimes be seen mouthing the lyrics to the song in PP ! She was also sometimes a little too contrived with her pouting for me....also the end of Legs doing Wishing on a Star stated to get a bit too over the top with the facial expressions from certain members....but then thats just my opinion. Anita, I agree was a very capable dancer but the emotive side of her performance didnt work for me....please dont get me wrong....she was a very attractive young lady but her individual personality didnt shine through quite like the other girls.     Dave.

Re: dancing girls facial expressions

PattiforPM
Jez this is a great thread and for me there is only one winner in this category sorry.  Patti's facial expressions are what drew me to her first and she does a wonderful job in my opinion.  She just finds the right moment in routines and she'll focus on us and give us a winsome smile/pout/playful frown or whatever is needed.  There are too many examples of this to mention but "Don't Stop the Music" has a great one and "Lay All Your Love on Me" is another.  She is just the queen of this technique and part of this is how deep she buries herself in the emotion of dancing I think but another part is the appreciation she has for an audience.  I just love this part of her performances.

Pauline is good and Lulu at her best does the same. I would say Rosie also but usually it's more comedic with her.  Sorry I just can't make this an unbiased post and if anyone doesn't like this, then lump it.

Re: dancing girls facial expressions

Suefan
The 'go to' girls for this have to be Lulu, with her "catch me if you can"; Patti's "come hither and loose yourself in my depths"; and Gill's "rescue me and make me thine" looks, while Rosie and Pauline are in the running for high impact effects.

But what, I hear you ask, of the fair Sue, for whose countenance a thousand ships are far too few.

That expression that teeters between a smile and a grin, that in its natural easy grace just leads and draws one in.  That gaze, that should something have made it disappear, would move one to launch a hundred thousand starships just to please this one fair maid of Troy.  Well yes, there is all that.  But there's also so much more, from the tip of that button nose right down to those twinkly toes.  Watching the spirits of the ether playing with hot stuff just her silhouette speaks more to me than an entire odyssey ever could.

Wow!  I kneel before the bard

Re: dancing girls facial expressions

Dave
    I vote for Suefan as the next poet laureate !      Dave.