graysons groovers

JEZ
i think amy said she had a brief clip of this but if anyone has not seen the clip of legs and co dancing on the generation game from 1978 to night fever its well worth a watch they did the routine 4 times once on their own with floyd and 3 other blokes and twice with contestants and to finish off with larry and isla, the girls of legs and co are doing their best not to laugh when larry makes a move towards floyd, classic telly that i recorded once a few years back on uk gold like i say the girls are doing their best to act professional amongst a lot of mayhem ,to award the points at the end a very attractive flick colby as the juge

Re: graysons groovers

Suefan
This sounds like good fun. Only managed to find a brief snippet on YouTube so if anyone does have a longer recording.

Re: graysons groovers

lulupatti&sue
Yes Amy has a copy of this which she very kindly sent me. The girls are dressed in blue dresses. I also have a very good copy of Summer Breeze and know who has the colour version.

Re: graysons groovers

Floid Fan
Hi Jez,
yes, I've seen a very short snippet of this on youtube too, on one of those 'Comedy Heroes' type documentaries about Larry Grayson. His hosting of the Generation Game was hilarious especially when he and Isla were getting involved in the action, like on this occasion. Anyone remember the 'friends' he talked about in his comedy routines: Slack Alice, Everard, Apricot Lil, and Pop it in Pete, the postman.
Carl

Re: graysons groovers

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Sounds interesting: Anyone willing to send me a copy for the blog? Lulupatt&sue? Amy?

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: graysons groovers

Carl wasnt there `fag ash Lil` as well.  Loved Graysons work on there, so much better to watch than boring old Brucie.

Re: graysons groovers

Floid Fan
Yeah, Ryan, I think there was a 'Fag-ash Lil', wasn't there. His imaginary characters were great.
Carl

Re: graysons groovers

  Karry Graysons friends and catchprases.

    Slack Alice ( "Shut that door")
    Apricot Lil, who works in the jam factory ("Isla, the scores on the doors" )
    Pop-It-In-Pete, the postman ("The things I've had through my letterbox!")
    Self-Raising Fred, the baker ( "seems like a nice boy")
    Everard Farquharson, Larry's "close friend" ("What a gay day")
    Top-it-Up Ted, the petrol station attendant ("Look at the muck in here")

Re: graysons groovers

PattiforPM
Don't think "pop-it-in-Pete" would get past the censors today