i feel love love legs and co

JEZ
just a quick question ,a while ago we were trying to work out if the most different performances of legs and co to the same song went to elvis presleys way down hit ,did we get it to 4 different performances or was it a draw with donna summers i feel love which according to the databases they were dancing to it 4 times plus the xmas routine the ones i am aware of are
21/7/77 edition
11/8/77 the song was number one and the girls wore the outfits they were wearing earlier on the show to were all alone
26 /12/ 77  another new routine
the databases state they also were part of the number on the
28/7/77 with noel edmonds
4/8/77 with jimmy saville
so who does the record of most danced routines to one song go to
elvis presley or
donna summer

Re: i feel love love legs and co

Suefan
Jez, I think we established there were four different performances to Way Down, of which two (the first - shirts and shorts; and the third - oxygene outfits) were given a repeat showing.

To my mind the jury is still out on the number of unique Feel Loves.

Re: i feel love love legs and co

I remember the first time i heard `I feel love` it was the sexiest song i ever heard and proberly still is. Perfect song for Legs to dance to and would love to see other versions of it. If anybody has got any please upload to YMG, cheers guys.

Re: i feel love love legs and co

PattiforPM
Well Jez et al,  here's my take:

21 July - DLT - Just posted on the Blog
28 July - Edmonds - Not sure but played until Credits and quite likely unique
4 Aug - Saville - Wiped Show but played until Credits so likely unique too
11 Aug - The Canadian Kid - As Jez says in "We're All Alone" outifts, played up to Credits (Sue cavorts with another guy)
26 Dec - Blackburn/DLT - Previously posted on Blog

So as I see it, assuming that dances running into credits are usually not repeats, there are probably 5 distinct dances to "I Feel Love" although one of these is a wiped show so we may never know for sure.  I can post 11 Aug version and am hoping to see the 28 July version one day.

Re: i feel love love legs and co

JEZ
hi patti4pm and suefan ,
if suefan says elvis way down was done as well with oxyegene outfits then r we saying way down had 5 different routines with the girls
25/8/77 shorts and t shirts
1/9/77 silver lady outfits
8/9/77 oxyegene outfits .this is the one i have not seen
15/9/77 roadrunner outfits
29/9/77 beads and red outfit
i think ive got the outfits in the right dates but ive seen these routines so they do count the only one i havent seen is the oxyegene routine
so it looks like if the donna summers listings of legs to i feel love is correct this could be a draw chaps ,elvis vs donna

Re: i feel love love legs and co

Suefan
Jez, I believe from the still posted a while back what you have called the 'beads and red outfit' are the Oxygene costumes.  My take is that the girls danced on 8/9/77 to both Oxygene and Way Down in the red/beads.  The Way Down in red/beads was then repeated on the 29/9 show when the original dance was "Waiting In Vain", one I have yet to see but I live in hopes.  Hence four costumes and six showings.  If this is complete rubbish please jump in and shoot me down.

hi suefan ,no i have seen a brief snippet of the oxyegene routine someone posted it a bit a go on you tube and as far as i can remember it is not the same costume ,plus there were 5 legs girls on oxeygene and only 4 in beads and red  on way down

Re: i feel love love legs and co

Suefan
Fair enough Jez, if it is not the same costume then we cannot say for sure what they wore for Way Down on the Oxygene show.

Re: i feel love love legs and co

11 Aug - (Sue cavorts with another guy) !!!!!!!!  I am devastated.   Who is this cad ??  Is it that Floyd ??  I thought I'd seen the last of him when he fell down that chimney.  Curses.....

Re: i feel love love legs and co

PattiforPM
Thought that might get your attention SueFan but don't worry she is quite demure.  It might be Floyd, not sure.  I'll post soon

Re: i feel love love legs and co

80schick
I have 3 routines of Legs And Co dancing to Donna Summers I Feel Love if it would be alright for me to upload them

Re: i feel love love legs and co

Of course she is, such a sweet girl.  Why until I took her aloft in the balloon she'd never been a mile high.

As for that Floyd.  If indeed it is he, then he is nothing short of a cad and a bounder.  Pressing his unwanted attentions upon poor Susan and then gallivanting off to the senior disco with young Gill.  If this is how Miss Colby chaperones the young ladies in her charge the governors will need to be told.

Re: i feel love love legs and co

Young Mister Grace
Don't bother yourself posting the clip, PattiforPM: I've already got it (looks and dances like Floyd to me).

But that and the two already posted are the only I Feel Love routines I have:
if anyone either of the others I'll be most happy and grateful to receive them.

YMG
You've all done vey well!

yes the bloke dancing with sue was floyd on donna summers i feel love

I knew it.  The absolute rotter.  Well I know what to do.  I have contacts.  That spell that turned him into a duck can be made permanent you know!

Re: i feel love love legs and co

PattiforPM
I suggest indelible hair dye as punishment (where is Carl when we need him?)

Re: i feel love love legs and co

Hi again Jez, can you recall what the costume was in that utube bit you spotted?

Re: i feel love love legs and co

Suefan
Jez in your absence I posted a question which has got buried so here it is again.  Can you remember anything about the costumes that the girls were wearing in that Oxygene snippet you mentioned from Utube?

Re: i feel love love legs and co

Look at `Legs` avatar picture Suefan. Thats the routine.

Re: i feel love love legs and co

Suefan
Whose "Legs"?