legs and co dvd from I OFFER

steveat22
Hi Guys

I  noticed this item on  I OFFER a few monthes ago but now now they have sold out.

I  was  wondering if anyone bought this item or knows of something that can be purchased with LEGS AND CO dance routines.

MANY THANKS

STEVEAT22

Re: legs and co dvd from I OFFER

PattiForPM
Hi Steve and welcome; I doubt there would have been many takers on here as folk have access to all the Legs portfolio online (the Blog and the YT and Dailymotion Channels linked on the front page) and have recorded their own versions from BBC4.  Many years ago I bought from iOffer and the stuff was good and as advertised if that helps.

Re: legs and co dvd from I OFFER

Who's That Hurll
Did you manage to get hold of your DVD, Coffee Thing?
WTH

Re: legs and co dvd from I OFFER

CoffeeThing
Yes, I got the set. It's pretty much complete and of digital broadcast quality or as near as I can tell. Which seller was it Steveat22? As far as I know, and if it's him, Jim will still be able to supply even if it is not listed. If not, PM me and I'll try to help.

Re: legs and co dvd from I OFFER

Everything'sRosie
Hi CT,
I'm interested to hear about the dvd(s) you purchased. So the routines are all in broadcast quality? Does this include the Yewtreed/wiped performances? If so, I might be interested in getting these discs myself as some of the banned routines in the public domain at present are of questionable quality, Razamatazz springs to mind as being particularly poor.

Cheers.

Will have a look ER. I think everything that is there is recent digital quality or as near as I can tell if not banned and very good SD, like Gold, if not.  There were a handful of routines missing that are only available poor quality even on OFTD. I will list them over the weekend. The only issue is they don't have individual menu entries to the routines, just chapters, so you can skip to a dance but not jump directly from a menu.

Re: legs and co dvd from I OFFER

Everything'sRosie
Sounds like the poor quality ones could be the ones from wiped shows only existing via home-recordings. If the Savile/DLT routines exist in near broadcast quality (presumably off Gold or overseas screenings) I would be very interested in purchasing these sets. I know they aren't cheap!

Cheers, CT.

Re: legs and co dvd from I OFFER

Will copy the list of dances that came with it over the weekend so you can see. You assume correctly. Any dance that appeared on the recent showings is of excellent digital standard, any that were banned are indeed of Gold or similar overseas channel standard. None are of lesser quality. The audio is excellent too. I think there were half a dozen or so routines that I had to collect subsequently in lesser quality, including oddly Gill sat on the cart serenaded by Shaky. I think the seller saw that as a background/supporting appearance as she doesn't dance. He seems to exclude non dance appearances. I have all the excluded routines in lesser quality if you are missing any of those. You have a PM too.

Re: legs and co dvd from I OFFER

PattiForPM
Yup I believe only the Beeb could release Masters of HD-type quality for the Yewtreed Shows so you need someone with insider access.....

Re: legs and co dvd from I OFFER

Dancer
I have never used I-offer.  Is this another ebay but you can buy privately recorded stuff?  Often wondered about going on there for other things but the trouble with some DVDs that you buy, they only play once and after they start jumping and sticking which is annoying.  Not sure how this happens as I have never embarked on it myself but it is annoying.

Re: legs and co dvd from I OFFER

iOffer is sort of like a slightly edgier eBay where in the DVD realm you can source unreleased shows, things like our dancers and other non-mainstream lost gems. It generally works well for transactions. The dance DVDs appear to be playing fine for the moment at least, fingers crossed. If anyone is looking for anything related to the set just PM and I'll do my best to help.

Thank you CT.  I am working through my recorded DVDs of TOTP at the moment and marking them up accordingly but I am sure I have deleted things that I shouldn't have.  The quality is so much better when they are recorded digitally.  When I have commented on all of Ryan's dances I will be able to let you know as it will show the blanks.  I am just pleased I can see wood on the coffee table now.

Re: legs and co dvd from I OFFER

steveat22
COFFEE THING

Do u have a spare copy please

many thanks

steveat22

Re: legs and co dvd from I OFFER

steveat22
thanks to all replied.

The seller was a large one but i cant recall  the seller at the mo.

It would be great to have all the dances in one set - if that is the case !!!

PLEASE CONTACT ME IF U CAN HELP

thanks

steveat22

Re: legs and co dvd from I OFFER

@steveat22  Unfortunately if you do not know the name of the seller or  the set you saw, it is impossible to know exactly which Legs & Co set  you are referring to, and it may not be the one I purchased.

I am happy to try to help you to identify what you are looking for. The seller of mine was jimmyr6, not a long name at all so you may even be thinking of another seller. If you are interested, I am certain Jim will still be able to supply you with  a set like mine even if he currently does not have it listed on iOffer. I am not sure what you mean by "spare copy", I only purchased one.

Without meaning to come across at all the wrong way, trying to attract attention by the use of capitals in posts is generally seen as poor forum etiquette as it is rather akin to shouting in everyday life. Perhaps you might like to introduce yourself to everyone in the relevant thread and get to know the lovely folk here. I am quite new myself but have found people to be most generous and welcoming to those  taking the time to integrate and at least try to share in the collective knowledge. I am sure you will be made most welcome too.

CT, are you in a line of work involving politeness and patience?  If you're not then you should be

Re: legs and co dvd from I OFFER

CoffeeThing
PattiForPM wrote
CT, are you in a line of work involving politeness and patience?  If you're not then you should be
I'm clearly disguising my inner curmudgeon well PfPM!

Re: legs and co dvd from I OFFER

I think this thread is done and dusted. I cant say i advocate the peddling and pushing of unofficial DVDs that pertain to contain our dancers via the internet. Im know the dancers would feel the same.

Afterall its 2017 and every Legs routine is readily available on the internet. I remember a time (10 years ago) when way less that 20% of Legs & Co routines were on-line. Im sure there are plenty of Legs & Co compilations out there but im not so keen on OFTDs being used as a sound board in the procurement of them.