message for ryan re ruby

JEZ
hello mate been doing some research on this lena martell stuff we discussed last nite if u go on to bfi archive website click onto library -research at the top then click onto film and tv database then enter lena martell in the search box go down to her name click on that then click on filmography at the top left then click on lenas music from 1979 you shoulg get your answer ,jez

Re: message for ryan re ruby

PattiforPM
Don't mean to butt in again Jez but I'm still confused.  I looked at the BFI site and it seems to confirm Lena had a show in 1979 although details are really scanty but I couldn't see anything about dancers.  Also if she was up and running in 1979, are you saying that Ruby Flipper were there later cos obviously L&C didn't stop on TOTP until late 1981 and we know that they continued under Lulu's management after that so Patti, Sue and Lulu seem to be off the menu and Anita was in Zoo after that too.  Any insights?

Re: message for ryan re ruby

JEZ
if u go to the bit pattiforpm at thebottom where it gives you production etc its says more click on that then it gives u more detail try the 1 8 79 edition of lenas music -jez

Re: message for ryan re ruby

PattiforPM
OK now I see it Jez but I still don't understand the timing in 1979.  Could it have been a 2nd troupe Flick put together.  I really can't see the L&C girls doing this gig,  Guess we'll have to wait for the girls to answer.  Absolutely fascinating to me to see this possibility after all this time - good one Jez whatever the outcome

Re: message for ryan re ruby

Patti'sdaughter
Hi Jez,  Sorry it wasn't my Mum on the show as member of RF in 1979.  That BFI website states about L&C are wrong.

"DANCE GROUP WHO APPEARED ON THE BBC POP CHART PROGRAMME TOP OF THE POP'S BETWEEN LATE 79 AND THEIR FINAL APPEARANCE ON THE EDITION OF 29/10/1981.  COMPRISED GILL, LULU, PAULINE, ROSEMARY, SUE, PATTI AND ANITA THOUGH NOT ALL AT THE SAME TIME."

Sorry I did ask for you.  They might have appeared as L&C on the show but not RF unless it was in 76.
amy x

Re: message for ryan re ruby

JEZ
thanks amy but i have still some recollection of seeing some of legs on this show its a mystery pheraps one we wont solve does your mum remember flick being involved with the show -thanks jez

Re: message for ryan re ruby

JEZ
floyd on the show also springs to mind i know he was then workin with hot gossip then but this was only a six week series a lot of dancers do the odd bit of extra work -jez

Re: message for ryan re ruby

Jez--your in a majority of one on this thing, best jettison the thought mate.

Re: message for ryan re ruby

JEZ
not till im proved right mate lol ,jez

Re: message for ryan re ruby

Honest man if you get some proof, you will get a massive appology from me. The minds playing tricks dude, ADMIT IT.

Re: message for ryan re ruby

JEZ
i shall be waiting for the day i think the apology should be put in a new topic lol jez

Re: message for ryan re ruby

  Hey Jez, im a real man who admits when hes wrong. I will print your appology in capitals in a new thread. But i reckon you should print one saying you was wrong, i say you have a certain time limit to find some proof, or its sorry time,lol.

Re: message for ryan re ruby

JEZ
ryan i was the one watchin the show whilst you were out on the pull mate so i think i have a liitle more proof ,jez

Re: message for ryan re ruby

Kace
you go jez. you tell him. lol
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: message for ryan re ruby

JEZ
kace cant your mum shed any light on this tv show , jez

Re: message for ryan re ruby

  Martell was a prudish religious sort of woman, dont think our `disco duck mob` are gonna fit in with her somehow. LET IT GO.

Re: message for ryan re ruby

JEZ
no mate no , lol jez

Re: message for ryan re ruby

Jez do you remember Lena Martells number one record from 79 ?

Re: message for ryan re ruby

JEZ
one day at a time number one nov 79 ,jez

Re: message for ryan re ruby

 Thats right a song all about the big fella from up above. Cue Ruby flipper, not happening is it.