message for ymg

JEZ
i know your a very busy bloke ymg but sometime  could you post on this page itvs equivelant dance troupe to ruby flipper theyare from the arrows show on you tube him and us dancing to bcr i only want to be with you i have great respect for muriel young the producer of many itv pop shows of the 70s eg lift off ,45 i know totp was the main pop show on bbc but muriel young catered for us pop fans on itv and tried to give a lot of unknown bands at the time their tv break as well as the more established bands and she always included a dance troupe on her pop shows ,the him and us dancers clip dancing to the bcr disc comes from oct 76 the same time as ruby flipper would have been strutting their stuff over on the bbc ,itvs equivelant to flick colby at the time was teri scoble if you have time ymg to post the clip here like you did with les girls etc it would be very much appreciated cheers dude as ryan would say

Re: message for ymg

Young Mister Grace
Administrator

Hi Jez: I guess yopu mean this clip:

I remember Him & Us Plus 2 as the dancers on ITV's main mid seventies kids pop show, Get It Together, presented by Roy "Mr. Roy from Basil Brush" North.

How does everyone else feel about posting this on the main blog? I'm happy to do it if people are interested.

YMG

You've all done vey well!

Re: message for ymg

PattiforPM
Sorry Jez/YMG, not into this one.  For me the dance quality is low/amateurish but I'll definitely accept the majority decision.

Re: message for ymg

JEZ
thank you ymg youre a star, sorry but i have to disagree with you p4pm on this one ok the dance quality was never as good on teri scoble routines as flick colbys but the more i watch him and us performances the more i like them the nomber of people in her troupes were small 5 or 6 people it was pop music of the day they danced to, the line up of the troupes stayed the same so much better in my opinion than a row of 12 to 20 unknown faces on shows dancing to some crappy piece of unknown music, with the line up changing every show .the get it together shows however i prefered coz she just used girls in the troupe but its only my opinon .now thats another task i am trying to complete i cant find any clips of the teri scoble dancers from the pop show get it together on the net i believe deena payne was one of her dancers on the 79/80 season of get it together hopefully one of the new members might know where to locate a clip of them

Re: message for ymg

JEZ
thinking about it thats how i landed myself on the forum in the first place i had always checked ymg clips out but didnt know there was a discussion forum so when i noticed it i thought i would come on ,on the off chance someone had a clip of the teri scoble dancers and that was my first post ,i thought i would only be posting one message here never expected to be here 2 months later still posting

Re: message for ymg

  Im split on this one. Sorry Jez these are very clumsy sort of dancers, one can see a number of missed timed moves and bumps, one of then even stumbled at one stage. But then again they are TV dancers from the 70s, and you couldnt get more 70s than this lot, so i suppose they would qualify to go on the blog. It just goes to show how Ruby Flipper were light years ahead of the oppostion !

Re: message for ymg

JEZ
yes i can understand ryan where you and p4pm r coming from but the shows were aimed at a differnt age group 5 -15 year olds so the choreography had to be limited to a certain degree as not to offend any kiddies but i still enjoy watchin these clips pure nostalgia in my books and i gotta admit i am a little older than 15 these days ,if u both think the routine was naff on this id hate to think what u would say if you saw them dancing to the floral dance from the arrows show ,me i think they r ace

Re: message for ymg

I keep expecting Rod, Jane and Freddy of Rainbow to pop up on this, as they wore the same daft outfits as this lot !

Re: message for ymg

JEZ
rod jane and freddy probably raided him and us wardrobe at the tv centre ryan to borrow their costumes for rainbow

Re: message for ymg

ITV did some good pop shows in the 70s. One of my favourites was the Marc Bolan show. What about `Get it together` remember that one?

Re: message for ymg

JEZ
 i loved get it together and 45 with kid jensen .much preferred get it together when it was just a music line up after they had got rid of the quiz bit, u2 made one of their first tv appersnces on that show with i will follow ,marcs dancers on his show heart throb were another of teri scobles creations

Re: message for ymg

lulupatti&sue
YMG, I have some pp, l&c and zoo videos for you. I dont seem to remember how I transfered them from dvd onto the laptop, as we now have a new one and it has been along time since I sent you anything.

Re: message for ymg

Kace
hi lps its called square somethin. ams knows so if u email here or i tell her 2 email it u as it dont luk like any1s guna tell u
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: message for ymg

An 'A' for effort but for me this is aimed at a young audience surely.

Re: message for ymg

Young Mister Grace
Are you thingking of MPEG Streamclip from www.squared5.com Kace?

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: message for ymg

JEZ
well i still think the dancers  him and us were pretty good in the days when pop tv gave us only totp and the odd pop show on itv these dancers were the next best choice to the totp dancers, much better in my opinion than to quote 22 legs and no breast tv dance troupes as ronnie barker reffered to on endless variety tv shows, also all teri scobles dancers were professionally trained dancers and actresses. in the line up on the bcr routine david tate was on many tv shows he was also a member of the 2nd generation ,nicky hinckley went on to be a choregrapher on tv lisa and teri scoble were child actresses in films like village of the dammned ,etc then later the elephant man ,timeslip and eastenders and their brother mike was on many shows like seaside special etc and the blog is supposed to be about all tv dance troupes  so i thought i would add these to it,having said this nobody will come anywhere close to my favourites pans people and legs and co

Re: message for ymg

Kace
yeah that was it ymw. lps  knows bout it now we emailed it 2 her
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: message for ymg

JEZ
ymg im just gonna ask another little favour of you sir when you have the time ,could you possibly post on this page just 2 more him and us routines both are my daughters favourite him and us clips ,dont forget me when im on your island by 100 ton and a feather and arms of mary  by sutherland bros she also likes them dancing to the floral dance but thats pushing my luck a bit .i think they are still on you tube but i would really like to see them posted here on one for the dads even if its just on this page ,i will get someone interested and appreciate teri scoble and her dancers if its the last thing i do, im on a mission here

Re: message for ymg

Floid Fan
The interesting thing about this is that as Jez says, it is from the same period as Ruby Flipper. I don't think they're bad Jez. It was a lively and fun if pretty basic routine.  And as Ryan says, they ain't no Ruby Flipper.
Carl

Re: message for ymg

yep their still on you tube under the search for teri scoble most of the arrows show routines are on that ,i would desperatley like to find a clip from granadas pop show get it together from nov 79 -feb 80 of teri other dance troupe from that show they were called the tsd.s i think this was the series that deena payne was one of her dancers but i cant find any clips at all anywhere of them and this is why i did my first posting at the begining of the year coz i couldent locate a singl clip of the dancers from get it together pop show that i used to watch every week as a kid coming home from school at teatime dont get me wrong pans people and legs and co will always come first for me its just good to watch a bit of nostalgia from other shows especially the dancing ladies so come on somebody somewhwere whos viewing the threads help me out on my current mission please