pans people love,s theme ,love unlimited

pans people love,s theme ,love unlimited

katy miss queenie
I posted a very short but good quality of this routine it is a BBC 2 advert from the 70s that comes on you tube every now and then and there is also a longer version on u tube but it is in black and white.This advert ran for quite a long time. I think this is a good routine but would like to know was this a routine for TOTPs or was it on the two ronnie,s what TV  show was this routine on and when? I would liken to know,It would be nice to post a colour version or the longer black and white version so that people who have not seen it,It is pans people at about their most famous . Hi to everyone as i have been logged down with work  at university doing arty stuff           Katy

Re: pans people love,s theme ,love unlimited

JEZ
HI katie , i think someone had just added the logo of bbc 2 to the cilp of pans people dancing to barry whites love unlimited ,loves theme especially for you tube because the member who had posted the routine originally went by the name of totp gold 2 i think ,the actual loves theme clip you mentioned was first broadcast on valentines day 1974 ,and the red hearts they are wearing on their bottoms ,dee dee has still got hers amongst her other souveniers from her days as a member of pans

Re: pans people love,s theme ,love unlimited

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
I received the clip Katy sent me (thanks!) and I plan to post it along with the full black and white version. My copy of the black and white version is pretty crappy quality so if anyone can send me a good quality version, I'd be dead grateful. Or even the full, colour version, of course, if it still exists anywhere.
You've all done vey well!

Re: pans people love,s theme ,love unlimited

Doubleday
It isn't The Two Ronnies; only one series featured Pan's People and there are seven routines, all on this blog already.

Flick Colby

katy miss queenie
I am sad to hear the news of Flick Colby,s death . Flick Colby in my opinion was the best dancer as she mixed creativity with dance by coming up with the ideas one after another.No artist can have constant perfection but then few artists had so little time to come up with routines at such a short notice as in some cases .I should use the word coreographer .The majority of the routines were good such as Pans People and legs and co and later on ruby flipper and zoo.I hope that the BBC dedicate some time to this creative woman .I think it will be mentioned .It must be sad for those who worked with her and for her family.
I am not great on computers but if i was i would make a comp of her moments in pans people as we have with other dancers could someone who is good at stuff like that please make one and post it? At least Flick Colby existed and we got to see all the great stuff she did. TOTPs would have been a lot more dull for if not for Flick. She made thursday evenings better for a little girl in manchester called katy     bye for now     katymissqueenie

Re: pans people love,s theme ,love unlimited

katy miss queenie
hi yes i agree with the two romnies routines .where did love unlimited pans people come from is it TOTP or the two ronnies or is it from something else? i often think the same about the clip of footage at the end of digging the dancing queens where pans people they are dressed in black leather short catsuits i wonder where that is from does anyone know? does it still exist? i doubt it but i would love to know what it is from katymissqueenie

Re: pans people love,s theme ,love unlimited

Suefan
Hi Katie, Pans dance to Love's Theme from the Love Unlimited Orchestra comes from the 14/2/74 TOTP.
Suefan