pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

JEZ
since 1990 when totp seemed to be on the decline a lot of older viewers of the show realised what an impact and how popular pans people and legs and co were to the show ,with this pans people were invited to appear on numerous chat and nostalgia shows ,i was fortunate enough to watch most of these shows , any info i heard or read that the ladies would be appearing i watched or got someone to videotape for me if i was at work at the time ,infact they even let me watch one show on the telly at work ,Here below are some of the tv shows members of pans people appeared on ,im sure there was more though ,ive added a little more info from my own memory on a few of the shows .

  1990  wogan .jonathan ross was standing in for wogan on this episode ,babs cherry dee dee ruth and louise were present to talk about there time in pans ,the clips of mamas pearl ,silver star and homely girl were briefly shown.

 1992 good morning britain ,it was whilst i was watching this i got the idea to join in on the walk in london ,pans joined mad lizzie every morning apart from thursday that week to get fit for the cadburys strollethon save the children charity walk they kept fit to the music of bobby blooms montego bay and andy fairweather lowes ,wide eyed and legless

1992 richard and judy this morning ,babs dee dee and louise recalled there time in pans a clip of temma harbour was shown at the end of the show all 3 of them took to the stage dressed in tight black dresses with feather bowers to perform to diana ross song baby love ,this was the first time the girls had danced together for years

1992 ,noels house party , a lady was suprised when noels voice boomed into her living room and said that she was guity of dancing in front of the mirror pretending to be a member of a famous dance troupe with that dee dee babs and louise came through the patio doors ,they later along with the lady did a short dance routine to carly simons ,youre so vain using the womans setee as a prop

1992 schofields xmas gold ,babs louise ruth and dee dee appeared for a chat with philip about pans ,various clips including walkin in the rain and aint no sunshine were shown with winterwonderland dubbed over it

1993 ,totp ,babs dee dee and louise all wished totp viewers a happy birthday totp the routine mamas pearl was shown

1993 whatever happened to ,ruth was guest and joy to the world and river deep mountain high were shown

1994 digging the dancing queens all pans documentary plus lots of clips not seen for years were shown

1995 richard and judy ,the girls were invited back to discuss clothes fashions for women in their 40s ,richard said to the girls 20 years ago you lot looked like this and a clip of you little trustmaker was shown

1996 ,noels telly years ,dee dee guested a couple of clips of pans were shown

1996 ,The time the place dancing back in fashion ,dee dee guested

1998  Clive james on tv ,babs and dee were in the audience ,clip of get down was shown

1999 sounds of 69 ,dee dee spoke about pans ,clip was shown

2000 ,the lipstick years ,dee dee took part

2000 ,i love 1974 ,dee dee ,babs and ruth took part and clips of in concert and totp were show

2001 ,70s mania ,dee dee and ruth chatted with host donny osmond about pans

2001 This is your life ,babs life and all the original pans people apart from andrea helped celebrate her life

2002 You askin im dancing ,dee dee was on this show

2003 ,after they were famous ,dee dee told of her time with pp ,various clips shown

2004 ,stars reunited, totp djs and dee dee talked about their time on the show

2004, Totp relaunch ,pans were invited to do a guest apperance

2005 ,Crumpet a very british sex symbol ,babs and dee talked on this show

2005 ,jarvis cockers pop rules

2006 ,The story of light entertainment ,pans featured

There was also another tv show where babs and dee did a short routine to candi statons young hearts run free i watched but i can not recall the name of the show

Re: pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

Suefan
Great work.  This is just the sort of stuff we have been missing.  Welcome back Jez.

Re: pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

Your the best Jez, just awesome stuff dude, thanks.

Re: pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

Also:

2006 - The last weekly TOTP, Babs appeared in the studio along with the other presenters following a montage of the various dance troupes who appeared on the show.

Re: pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

Dave
Great to have you back Jez....and on cracking good form as ever.      Dave

Re: pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

I'm not sucking up like the rest of them; oh sod it Jez the list is bloody brilliant as usual

Re: pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

JEZ
thanks col id forgotten about that last totp with babs there ,im sure there are other shows as well theyve appeared on in the last 20 years the ones i have listed are the ones i know about ,if anyone has any more info on the shows ,please feel free to list them ,cheers

Re: pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

This Pans People list of there post TOTPs tv appearences is very good. But im more of a `Legs`kinda guy, any info on any post TOTPs tv apps for those 6 lovely ladies ? We all know about The Milk commercial, Ant and Dec, Patti and Lulu on the Buzzcocks, The TOTPs true story, even Gills 8 second Minder stint. Jez once again your the man for this, do you know of any others ?

Re: pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

mojo2007
Dee Dee also appeared in a show about food when she and her husband were guests enjoying (?) 1970's food, can't remember name of show

Re: pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

Yes I'm with Ryan on this one Jez, give us your memories from the 80s and the lovely Legs & Co post-TOTP

Re: pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

JEZ
hi ,everyone thanks mojo thats another tv show id forgottten about didnt one of the dishes of food contain something with green jelly or something

Re: pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

JEZ
Ryan and mr p , I think the main reason pans people were invited back so many times on various nostalgia shows was because ,pans people were the first dance troupe in the history of british tv to make such an inpact with their style of dancing on any popular regular tv show of the time ,and that is why they are remembered by the public when totp is mentioned no other dance troupe in the 60s and early 70s were on tv that regular so people rememberd them dancing to the music of the day ,i am a legs and co fan as you know myself and ive got to admitt i remember legs more than pans because i was that much older ,but because the way was paved by pans as a regular feature ,pheraps thats why,i know jo cook and her gojos were the first dancers to appear on totp their performances unfortunatley were not regular they were only on our screens pheraps 12 times during the year ,this not giving any viewers much chance to associated in any form of fan base at all ,it wasnt possible to sit in front of the tv in the 60s and think i wonder what linda, jo, jane ,thelma and barbera from the go jos will be dancing to tonight and what outfits they will be wearing ,which is probably the reason and it is such a great pity that jo cook and the go jos get forgotten ,me myself have a lot of praise for these pioneers .so eventually in the answer to your question of legs post totp ,no i dont know any more than you good people i think if there was i would have watched it i normally have never missed much on tv on the dancing girls ,if there is more i would love to know myself the ones i am aware of are
video entertainers 1982
never mind the buzzcocks
totp ,documentary
ant and dec saturday take away

and legs were mentioned last year and photo shown on tv on a show that patience bradley appeared on with her dogs claiming she was one of legs and co but i certainley wouldent count that one ,
i think ive done a list on here before of legs and cos tv apperances from 1976 -1982 ,but this is the only info i have at the moment

Re: pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

JEZ
can i please state ryan and p4pm ,that what ive said does not make legs and co any less imprtant or popular than pans people ,you know i dont think that ,its just my own personall take on how things worked out regarding the dance troupes ,if you ask any members of legs they will all admitt when they started out they were under somewhat of a handicap because pans people had been so popular and remembered so fondly by the public it took them a few months to be established on the show ,peter powell once said because he had grown up watching pans when he presented totp he used to sometimes get a mental block and refer to legs and co as pans people

Re: pans people on tv from 1990 to present day

PattiforPM
Very diplomatic as always Jez.  I've been thinking about this PP and Legs & Co thing too and I think it was Mojo who explained it best about PP being really revolutionary and household names and their general poularity being higher than Legs & Co despite Legs having a strong following.  It was just a different time and I can't imagine that Ronie Barker joke about Babs being as funny if he had said it a few years later about the Legs girls.  Having said all this I will always be a Legs man and will defend their skill and their performances to my dieing day.