pans people wiped performances we would like to see again

pans people wiped performances we would like to see again

JEZ
if u could pick 3 of pans totp routines that have been wiped what 3 would anyone like to see again my 3 would be you can do magic by limmie and family cookin ,smarty pants by first choice and the most beutiful girl ,charlie rich .i bet most on the forum would choose down down as a definite

Re: pans people wiped performances we would like to see again

Suefan
My three in order of preference would be:  Down Down, Get Down Tonight, and You Aint Seen Nothing Yet.

hi suefan i believe i know what i like was a good routine with all the girls wearing different unusual costumes i dont know myself dont remember them doing that one

Re: pans people wiped performances we would like to see again

Suefan
Yes your right they were in different clobber or in and out of it as they kept changing during the number.  Pretty sure it was 'Classic Pans' though rather than "Perfect Pans' so I've changeed my mind for my third choice as you can see.  I don't have Quiet night either but it exists at the beeb so is getable.

Re: pans people wiped performances we would like to see again

Reg Dwight-- Dont let the sun go down on me
The Quo-- Down down (what else)
John Lennon -- Imagine (danced in 75)
RYAN
LNV

Re: pans people wiped performances we would like to see again

LNV
Never knew Pans People danced to “Imagine” a gentle interpretive routine I guess it would have to be. Why on earth did that get wiped? As cultural custodians the Beeb are to be found sadly lacking at times.

Re: pans people wiped performances we would like to see again

Dude it was Novenber 75, im a huge JL fan so it would be cool to see this, it might not even be wiped, bit i fear its had the treatment.
RYAN
LNV

Re: pans people wiped performances we would like to see again

LNV
Let’s hope someone somewhere by some means has a copy of the Imagine routine.
As JL might have said “Power to the Pans People!” (Right on!)
I saw awhile back on the forum that you liked a number of songs from the White Album, most of ‘em rocking numbers which was JL’s forte in the Beatles and not as we all know that “granny music” he so deplored. Though he could be a softie as much as anyone, “Julia” on the same album springs to mind.

Re: pans people wiped performances we would like to see again

Oh god are you a fellow Beatles fan. I coulda picked loads i adore `Sexy sadie`, `Bungalow bill``Im so Tired` and `Cry baby cry`.The rocking tracks to which you refer of the White album were of course Macca songs `Helter Skelter` `Happy birthday`. One JL song i picked was the brill `Glass onion`.
  Hey i will get told off again for going off kilter, must not do that.

Re: pans people wiped performances we would like to see again

Floid Fan
Hey Ryan,
did you not like Maccas stuff after the Beatles in Wings? Of course he did more soppy rather than rocky stuff at times e.g. Silly Love Songs and Let em In, which I believe were danced to by our very own Flipsters during the summer of 76.
Band on the Run and Live and Let Die were great Macca tunes.
Carl

Re: pans people wiped performances we would like to see again

Yeah they were sorta ok. Macca did naff stuff like Mull of kintyre, the Frog chorus and that Stevie Wonder/ Jacko stuff in the early 80s. I guess our two Flipper songs were up there with his best stuff. I was more of a Lennon and Harrison man really.

Re: pans people wiped performances we would like to see again

PattiforPM
Now Ryan I can't really let you get away with dissing Macca and idolizing Lennon.  They were both pure genius.  Songs like Yesterday, Let It Be and Maybe I'm Amazed are not "sorta OK" and although Lennon was admittedly more careful not to release crud than Macca one does have to call his judgement into question for his collaboration with someone a little less talented than Stevie Wonder or Michael Jackson; that Ono woman.  She may have inspired him but he should have kept her out of the studio then we could have been spared classics like "John & Yoko" from the Wedding album.

Re: pans people wiped performances we would like to see again

Patti'sdaughter
Ryan,  I don't like the Beatles but I wouldn't say the song's Macca colaborated with the great Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson was rubbish.  I think they are brilliant.
amy x