question regarding a song

JEZ
i know this is slightly off topic regarding dance troupes ,but variety is the spice of life as they say ,but i was listening to tina charles singing her song that reached number 4 in the uk charts ,dr love ,and i remembered my sister having the same song but sang by a different artist or group ,that she bought in the 70s ,and now it is really buggin me who sang it ,it was definitley not first choices version ,the ones that had the hit smarty pants ,can anyone remember another group or artist who realesed this song around the mid seventies ,just to put my mind at rest coz im like that i dont rest if something is not sorted

Re: question regarding a song

Sorry Jez, i think your minds playing tricks with you again, all i know is that the American heavy rock band Kiss released a song called `Calling Dr Love` in 1976, but i guess thats the the one your after.

Re: question regarding a song

JEZ
i could tell you to kiss something but i am far to much of a gentleman for that ,KISS RECORDS IN OUR HOUSE ,i dont think so somehow ,no it went like this calling calling dr love calling calling dr love ,my tempreture is rising so you bring on a bottle of pills ,but dr cant you see its my heart thats really ill ,now does that sound like a kiss song ,the nearest record we had to heavy rock was the rubettes singing sugar baby love ,in our house , i can remember the doctor love single being on the bell record label around about 74 because i can remember i bought i think you little trustmaker around about the same time

Re: question regarding a song

Maybe this was played on the Lena Martell show in 1979 and danced to be the alterative Ruby Flipper, hahahaha

Re: question regarding a song

JEZ
IGNORANT is the word that springs to mind for that member who has just commented

Re: question regarding a song

PattiforPM
Sorry Jez I don't know this song either and YouTube/Google are no help which really makes me wonder about it.  Could it have had a different title or are you sure it was exactly the same song?.  I have to say too that I found Tina Charles songs some of the most cloying of the time (sorry about that too). Anyway nice to see you back posting and giving Ryan a hard time and vice versa

Re: question regarding a song

JEZ
no jez does not make mistakes about song titles ,you should kknow that mr p

what does cloying mean

Re: question regarding a song

PattiforPM
Kind of sickly sweet (sorry again)

Re: question regarding a song

JEZ
oh i didnt know what that word meant no wonder you are a doctor because i can never understand half the words they use to describe any ailments i have had

Re: question regarding a song

That's the idea of medical jargon Jez, then people don't know when we don't know what we're talking about!

Re: question regarding a song

Jez ive spent most of the afternoon looking on the internet for this song, and i cant find anything, i think youve led me on a wild goose chase. Sometimes i think you get a bit confussed with things and your memory is not as sharp as it once was !

Re: question regarding a song

yes well no wonder then when i once had a really stiff neck and shoulders and they said i had pulled a muscle and sent me to physio and it was shingles all along ,that pysio woman diagnosded it and you have just admitted why its because you doctors dont know an ache from real pain

Re: question regarding a song

JEZ
i would send you a lot further of a wild goose chase than over the internet if i could ryan ,and my mind is even sharper now than when i first met you ill have you know

Re: question regarding a song

Shall i ask my popscene chums ?

Re: question regarding a song

JEZ
yes they might be able to help me

Re: question regarding a song

But it sounds like we are on a loser Jez, i will think about it, dont want to get laughed of the place !!!

Re: question regarding a song

JEZ
laughed off the place i shall be the one laughing if no one can remember the song released in 1974

Re: question regarding a song

Was it 74, just to let you know i also went through the TOTPs for 74 and couldnt find anything either.

Re: question regarding a song

im gonna have to go through the boxes of hundreds of singles at my mums to try and find this damned record and who the artist was on it