"THE" Book

GJB

"THE" Book

GJB
Publication Date: 14 Oct 2013
Between 1968 and 1976 the undisputed highlight of Top of the Pops was its nubile dance troupe Pan s People. In the era before music videos this legendary group and their choreographer Flick Colby filled in for absent bands. In the process they become better remembered than many of the records they danced to.

Now, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Top of the Pops, Babs, Cherry, Dee Dee and Ruth the surviving members of the classic line-up are going to tell their remarkable story. This is a compelling, surprising and ultimately moving memoir from eyewitnesses to the golden age of pop music.

Re: "THE" Book

BeautifulBabs
You can pre-order on amazon I'm trying to find out if they are doing any signings

Re: "THE" Book

Andeebee
I had a mail from Amazon saying the release date of this has been moved to November..

Re: "THE" Book

BeautifulBabs
oh no - are they editing out Jimmy perhaps

Re: "THE" Book

Andeebee
Sorry, TOTP 50th book has been put back till November, not this one

Re: "THE" Book

I've now placed my order, an e-mail was also sent to me, with the news that the releas of the TOTPs book had been put back to a later date, & I thought exactly the same thing, some last minute re-editing was taking place to make sure that it looked like Jimmy Savile had never existed.
I'm looking forwards to this Pan's People life story, hopefully if this proves to be a best-seller, they'll be a Legs & Co. version promptly written up.

Re: "THE" Book

Doubt it Justin, Legs & Co just don't have the same broad marketing value as Pans People, it would appeal to far fewer people, unfortunately, so wouldn't get published. Id like nothing more to be proved wrong though on this.

Re: "THE" Book

Andeebee
Oh I hope they do, but Leg's are never seen in the same light as Pans, even thou I find their routines superior

Re: "THE" Book

Yes i think Legs are far superior, but i also accept that there are others who think the pioneering Pans People are the best. This is an argument that could rage on, and im not sure we can prove it either way.

Re: "THE" Book

Andeebee
a drinking contest at KAL, Legs fans v Pans fans, last standing wins

Re: "THE" Book

Yes, i will be there, very much in the Legs & Co corner. But with a hankering for late Pans.

Re: "THE" Book

Andeebee
me too, late Sue endorsed Pans

Re: "THE" Book

Im really looking forward to the event, just hope they give us some late Pans to view.

Re: "THE" Book

Andeebee
Possible Flipper???

Re: "THE" Book

Not a chance, i will streak through the streets of Stourbridge naked if they do

Re: "THE" Book

Andeebee
ha ha I hope they do, that I have to see (or not)

Re: "THE" Book

Doubleday
Yes i think Legs are far superior, but i also accept that there are others who think the pioneering Pans People are the best. This is an argument that could rage on, and im not sure we can prove it either way.
I know I've said this before, but the group each of us most identifies with is the one we grew up and came of age with; left school, left home, first drove car legally, first went to pub legally, and so on. For me it's Pan's, but it'll be different for everyone.

Re: "THE" Book

VintageVideos
I wonder how I do fit in there

Re: "THE" Book

Andeebee
neatly packaged with a bow and a card saying 'Pans People'

Re: "THE" Book

So Dubs, if your theory is correct, anyone over say 53 on this board has affiliation to Pans, and us youngsters who have just reached 50 like me are Legs fans through and through