ruth vs sue

JEZ
with totp repeats making a welcome return this friday ,seeing as i was computerless last week i did some book reading instead about the show ,it states for the most apperances for a dj on the show that honour goes to jimmy saville most appreances by solo artist goes to cliff richard and status quo got it group wise but no mention on the individual dancing ladies performances on the show ,so i decided to do some of my own personal research and what i came up with ive gotta say suprised me ,i always thought ruth pearson of pans people would have nothched up more apperances on the show having been with pp for 8 years and sue menhenick doing 7 years coming a close second but no give or take the odd ten they came a close draw with both achieving around the 350 mark ,the main reason for this was because pans performances were not on a regular basis until 1970 they were only on once or twice a month at the most for the first 2 years and sue did 2 or three performances on quite a few shows at one time especially with ruby flipper ,it was a little harder with ruth to count her performances due to the lack of info about pans but i have not included repeats or backing dancer routines in my calculations and have knocked a few off for hols or ilnesses but like i say until i started counting their routines if anyone had asked me before who danced the most routines on totp i would have said ruth ,so being computerless last week has learned me something new ,and if any of the dancing ladies read this thread which im sure most of them have a sneaky look in from time to time to see what us public really thought of them and their work ,ruth and sue youre attendance record on totp has been recognised

Re: ruth vs sue

Dave
Well done Jez on doing the research....just goes to show that not only was she talented but a commited hard worker for Miss Colby ! No one could accuse Sue of slacking !! Congratulations Sue Menhenick.

Re: ruth vs sue

Yes good work Jez.  Sue tops another category.  To be fair as you say Ruth's performances are a lot more difficult to count.  I get the impression that the individual Pans girls didn't miss as many shows as the Legs girls did later but I have no science behind this impression.  For example Dee Dee was actually mentioned when she was off sick one week. Do you think this is true Jez/guys?

Re: ruth vs sue

JEZ
thanks guys ive tried to count the performances  of ruth as accurate as i could with my info but if ruth had never missed a week on totp the calculations wouldent be much different than sues ,i dont think pans had as much time off as legs did but i think they did have the odd week off ,for example dee dee was missing on the osmonds i cant stop routine but no mention of her being sick there

Re: ruth vs sue

Good work Jez but I think 350 is an underestimate for Sue.

I have the same impression as P4pm and I think I can understand why we should be of that mind.  In all the Pans routines that are on the blog it is very rare indeed for any of the girls to be missing.  However, the percentage of Pans we have at our disposal is relatively low, when compared to Ruby and Legs, so this might be slightly misleading.

As regards Sue if I'm accurate there were about 270 proper Legs performances (excluding background backing work) of which Sue took part in 248, presuming she felt like we do and saluted the blue peter.  Add that to what must have been about 125 with Pans/Ruby and she will have over 370 to her credit.

Re: ruth vs sue

JEZ
i think the girls of pans people probably had a few more days off than we think but because we have only seen a few of their routines it doesent really show so much ,a few more where the girls had the day off were
andy missing make it with you -bread
dee dee ,missing -until you come back to me-aretha franklin
sue missing -itchycoo park -small faces
close to you and jimmy mac flick decided to take the day off from these 2 routines and wasnt dee dee missing in down down and promised land

Re: ruth vs sue

JEZ
yes suefan assuming sue never had another day off whilst she was in pans other than itchycoo park i get her pp and rf routines roughly to 120 ,but i did say around the 350 mark give or take ten or so

Re: ruth vs sue

Suefan
Yes Jez, no DD in DD nor on the motorbike ride to the Promised Land.
Suefan