totp - 5/1/1984 - 20th Anniversary

ALEXMITCH1
Hi Folks

Have just heard that this edition cannot be broadcasted for the same reasons as the 7/5/1981. I have been contacted  by the BBC to see if I had a copy, as before with the July & August 1982 editions, but sadly, I don't have this one. If there is anyone who can help, who may have supplied copies before and can again, please do. If you are in need of a contact to send to, please let me know.

Thanks.

Re: totp - 5/1/1984 - 20th Anniversary

VintageVideos
I have a copy with DJ links intact. What am I supposed to do with it?
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: totp - 5/1/1984 - 20th Anniversary

zenon
Email the BBC and they will give you an address to send your copy to.

Re: totp - 5/1/1984 - 20th Anniversary

ALEXMITCH1
Hello again

The 2 episodes for July  &  August 1982, which they needed the DJ links, I copied my VHS tapes on to DVD and sent them to:

Sean Whyton

Senior Media Manager, BBC Archives

BBC Design & Engineering

BBC Archive Centre, Unit 14-18 Perivale Industrial Park,

Horsenden Lane South, Perivale, Middlesex, UB6 7RW.

 Thanks.

Re: totp - 5/1/1984 - 20th Anniversary

Alex

I believe Kal sent a copy back, along with 1/3/84, there is a growing trend with mute Jensen/Peel links.....as well as 7/5/81 & 2/9/82

Re: totp - 5/1/1984 - 20th Anniversary

Legsfan
This edition was delivered to the BBC Archives in Perivale by myself this lunchtime. As Vin had a copy I offered to drop it off for him as I live quite close to the Archive, so I went there and gave it in person to Sean Whyton. He said that this edition was indeed missing the DJ links and they had been trying to source the sound for a while. As far as I know the copy I handed in is the only copy they have been given.

The edition Vin provided had the full DJ links, so the BBC now have the full soundtrack for the 20th Anniversary edition.

Re: totp - 5/1/1984 - 20th Anniversary

Andeebee
Thanks for the info, probably they mailed it over, who knows. Least they have a copy or two copies....LOL, and 1/3/84 at least

Re: totp - 5/1/1984 - 20th Anniversary

ALEXMITCH1
Thanks for everyone help with this. Looking forward to seeing an anniversary edition that can be screened for a change.

Alex.