ymg teri scoble

JEZ
just like to say a big thank you to ymg for posting one of him and us performances on the blog it is nice to see that the lady is getting some public recognition for her work as a dancer and choreographer ,i know people dont want me banging on about this but the lady was granada tvs choreographer for muriel youngs pop shows for 8 years nothchin up over 200 dance routines ,i know that some of the routines looked limited and basic but for the time of day that the shows were broadcast teatime slots i suppose the choreography had to be limited to a certain degree ,i think if she had put in some bump ngrind and pelvic thrust movements in it might have not been acceptable viewing for some teenybopper who had just come in from school eating fishfingers for tea, watchin tv ,i personally think this lady and her dancers deserve a place in the dance troupe history books ,after all lipstick ,hot for dogs,hills angels second generation are all up there on the blog somewhere and some of these dance troupes only managed a couple of tv series

Re: ymg teri scoble

JEZ
apart from miss scoble appearing in films as a child actress she also was in timeslip in 1970 playing miss stebbins ,
choreography work for granada
lift off with ayshea 1974-him and us
shangalang bcr show-him and us
look alive-him and us
arrows pop show-him and us plus 1 and 2
marc bolan show-heart throb
paul nicholas show-tsd,s
breakers-tsd,s
get it together 1978-81-tsd,s
pop gospel-dancers
dance crazy-dancers
after leaving tv teri was the founding pricipalfor the go for it theatre school and was an equity choreographer counciller as well as choreographing many many productions in theatre work

Re: ymg teri scoble

Jez, what do you know of a dance act called `Heart -Throb`. There on this blog dancing with Marc Bolan to `I love to boogie`. Is Teri Scoble involved with this lot ? I must admit they look rather good on the eye, were they his resident dance act on his show `Marc` ?

Re: ymg teri scoble

JEZ
yes ryan they were one of her dance creations

Re: ymg teri scoble

Wow, Teri the new Flick. I like the look of Heart throb and would love to see more, bet theres no more footage though.

Re: ymg teri scoble

JEZ
all the footage of teri scobles work exits apart from lift off where there is only 2 editions of that show left in the archives but one of the 2 shows that still survive does have the him and us dance performance

Re: ymg teri scoble

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Your welcome Jez: reception to the clip I posted on the forum was fairly lukewarm, but I thought your enthusiasm warrented a post on the main blog, at least.
As far as heart-throb goes, I'd love to find more routines, if only to satisfy Ryan's appetites. Can you point me in the right direction?
The only problem I have with posting more Teri Scoble clips is the poor quality of YouTube clips, which are my only source. Can you provide better quality versions?  If you need any assistance with the technical side, I'm happy to help.
Cheers
YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: ymg teri scoble

Young Mister Grace
...And Jez, did anyone get your avatar picture quiz? I was baffled, but I haven't seen any answers.
You've all done vey well!

Re: ymg teri scoble

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Never mind, I just found the answer. It's nothing I've ever seen before, bit I do remember a lot of weird home electronic devices back in the seventies.
YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: ymg teri scoble

JEZ
yes i knew i wouldent win any votes with my blogmates over miss scobles dancers ymg but as the blog covers tv dancers i just thought she deserved to be up there ,also i thought one day might be in years to come someone might come along to view the forum or join as a new member and think ive still got a recording of get it together with the dancers on ill send it to ymg you just never know, i first joined the forum to post if anyone had a clip here of them from get it together when they were just an all female troupe like heart throb and some day you never know my mission my be completed then i shall move on to my next mission zig zag the dancing people from the pop show 45

Re: ymg teri scoble

PattiforPM
Jez you definitely broaden our horizons and I appreciate this.  Hope I didn't sound too negative (actually I think we did better this time with some discussion and nobody getting huffy and no apology Threads so perhaps we're learning).  Keep up the good work mate

Re: ymg teri scoble

JEZ
thanks p4pm,ymg i did record on video all the marc shows from granada plus a few years back ,on you tube all i can find of heart throb are the ones where they did backing dancers routines not their actuall dance performance from the show ,one is with robin askwith doing confessin and the other is with the boomtown rats looking after number one now that is one that should suit you sir punk song and band and some pretty dancing ladies

Re: ymg teri scoble

Young Mister Grace
Administrator

Found a couple Jez:

YMG

You've all done vey well!

Re: ymg teri scoble

YMG thanks for finding these clips, im really digging these girls, maybe one or two of these clips could reach the main blog.

 Him and Us -- NO.
 Heart Throb-- Definatly Yes.

Re: ymg teri scoble

JEZ
ymg your a star thank you for takin the time to locate these clips , heart throb were a female troupe until the last 2 episodes when teri brought in 2 of the old members of him and us micheal and david to perform on the song gloria jones wrote i havent stopped dancing yet by gonzales and get on who i dont know sang that one ,so that is most of heart throb routines from marc apart from the routine to the bay city rollers ,you made me believe in magic and marcs single for that series celebrate summer which they did a routine to, and a few backing dancers routines on the 6 shows .heart throb were alison pam june and isobelle ,so now all we have to do is find a get it together clip with the tsd,s from the season nov 79 -feb 80 ymg with all your contacts cant you find someone to donate us one lol cheers theres newt like a bit of cheek is there

Re: ymg teri scoble

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Hi Jez: my best contacts are... all the people on this forum. So lets hope someone comes up with something.
Meanwhile, I'll continue keeping an eye out for the TDSs and Get it Together elsewhere, if only to experience again Roy North's embarrassing attempt to be hip and groovy.

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: ymg teri scoble

Well this group is far better than Him and Us Jez but could still lose the two guys quite happily (Carl will be coming on to give me a scolding soon)

Re: ymg teri scoble

JEZ
just noticed the other 2 heart throb routines i mentioned are on you tube as well under marc bolan tv show a guy called mr oldies unlimited has posted them i agree p4pm i much preferred it when teri just had the all female troupes its just a pity that most of her work that is available at the moment is from the arrows show that him and us were on ,but the main aim for me was to get the lady a bit of credit as a choreographer along with the greatest choreographer in the world in my books the wonderful talented miss colby ,but lets all not forget jo cook a lady who we all owe a big thank you too .mm jo cook i feel another topic coming on
JEZ